Makeup is an art form. Brilliant masters of theatrical illusion merge imagination, color and sensuality to transform everyday faces into picture-perfect visages. With each stroke of the brush, maquillaje virtuosos redefine beauty. But one need not be a professional to have all the fun.
Emulating the looks one sees on the glossy pages of magazines or Parisian runways can be a tricky task. But, fashion favors the bold and for those feeling especially adventurous here are some Fashionlines tips for achieving two smoldering spring looks with smoking intensity.
REVERSE MARIA CALLAS
- Use a primer to prepare the skin. This step will avoid streaking.
- Cover all impurities with concealer; blending well with the fingertips.
- Apply a lightweight sheer foundation all over the face with fingertips; “melting” the product into the skin.
- Set the foundation with translucent powder.
- Apply a creamy golden-brown eye tint all over the lid, from lashes to the brow.
- Sweep black eye shadow across the bottom lid; starting from the inner corner and extending outward. Blend the dark color following the natural curve of the eye, past the length of the eyebrow. With light sweeps of the brush move the outer edges up and towards the brow. Remember to start with a small amount of pigment and build gradually.
- Using a flat brush dipped in the black shadow, go over the lids of the eyes. Then, using a q-tip slightly smudge the lines. Finally, merge the top and bottom lid by coloring in the triangular area in the cross-section.
- Line the inner bottom lid with a white eye pencil.
- Glue mink lashes to upper and lower lashes.
- Fill in the brows with a pencil to give them a structured look.
- Dust the bridge of the nose, cheekbones and temples with shimmering golden dust.
- Apply a lick of pink lip gloss over the lips.
- Using a brush or a damp synthetic sponge apply a sheer layer of foundation over the face.
- Dab concealer on imperfections and blemishes.
- Cover dark under eyes with a light weight cover-up; blending with the fingertips.
- Powder the T-zone with loose translucent powder.
- Using an eye shader brush apply eye shadow base from the lashes to brow.
- Using a black kohl pencil line upper and lower eye lids. Then, smudge these lines using a q-tip or finger tips.
- Brush metallic black eye shadow over the lid in a crescent shape and blend well.
- Go over the smudged liner with a flat brush dipped in the same metallic eye shadow; darkening and thickening lower and upper outer corners.
- Brush a pearly iridescent eye shadow in the inner corners of the eyes. This will help “open up” and brighten the gaze.
- Finish the eyes with deep black mascara on top and bottom lashes.
- With the side of the blush brush, sweep a deep peach colored blush over the cheekbones; drawing the color out towards the hairline.
- To give the lips a juicy look, define the mouth with nude liner.
- Apply a lip gloss with red undertones to the pout for extra shine.
Makeup is a way for us, women, to play out our fantasies. It is an escape into new, unexplored territories, where one is free to be dark, bold and dangerous. A sliver of liner, a lick of lip gloss and reinvention is complete. This season open up to new possibilities. Discover the dark and mysterious continent within. Trust us; you will worship the new you.